Sunday, July 31, 2011

Top 10 things you need to know before leaving for Brazil...

Spell used:  Prior Incantato

In reflection of my two week long trip to Sao Paulo Brazil, I've begun to realize the magnitude which this trip has weighed upon me emotionally, spiritually, and physically (I have no regular eating schedule now...poo...). I cannot begin to describe "How my trip was" to anyone who wasn't there with me. So much happened in such a short period of time I'm still reeling from it all; even though I've been back for two weeks now.

I need time to reflect. I need time to cope. I need time to think.

And so at this time I do not have words for you to describe how my trip to South America went. Thus, here are a few simple things I can tell you about in regards to my trip. When I feel recouped, I will blog about my full length expedition to Brazil.

So until then, enjoy!

1. Do not eat any vegetables while in Brazil--this includes restaurants! When they wash the vegetables down there, if they do, they use local water which may be contaminated with little nasties that make you go poop.... a lot... So don't put yourself at risk, just eat unhealthily.
2. Take the bathroom garbage out every day!  The plumbing in Brazil is not equipped to handle the clogging power of toilette paper, and so you must throw away your TP in a trash can by THE CAN. If you don't take this out every day, your bathroom will begin to smell like a bathroom.
3. Do not look at the dogs. They're like minions-- cute but dangerous.
4. Watch where you walk at all times! Brazilian laws do not require people to pick up their dog excrement's. Thus, the streets are minefields.
5. Stay on the sidewalk, or DIE. Once again, Brazilian law is different that ours in respect to pedestrian versus car battles. The car has right-of-way. End of story.
6. 1 USD= 1.55 Brazilian real
7. Don't get on the back of a motorcycle. Four motorcyclists die every day in Sao Paulo alone because of their reckless driving.
8. Just because a nice person puts a bag of candy on your car side mirror while waiting at a stop light does not mean you get to keep it. You touch it, you pay.
9. Eu não falam Português. (E-oo no fall-oo Port-oo-geous) I don't speak Portuguese.
10. Go to the Copacabana beach. It's beautiful!

 Isabella-- my favorite Brazilian baby I adopted


More about my trip coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment